The Body Systems Series Information
Delve into the clinical use of herbs in our new intermediate level herb classes. Designed to build on the information presented in our Foundations of Herbalism Program, other basic herbal studies programs, and your independent studies. Our Intermediate Level classes begin with the Body Systems Series, March to July 2021.
This series is for you if you want to deepen your understanding of the relationship between physiology, pathology, and botanical protocols and plan to practice as a clinical or community herbalist. Using a Western botanical medicine approach, each body system covered includes a physiology overview, descriptions of common patterns of imbalance, and a discussion of system-specific herbs. Dietary and lifestyle considerations for each system are also covered. And all of this is interwoven with pearls of wisdom garnered through years of clinical experience.
Teachers for the series include Patricia Kyritsi Howell, RH (AHG), Mimi Hernandez, MSc., RH (AHG), Lorna Mauney-Brodek, Zaire Sabb, and Jen Stovall.
The Body Systems Series is live-streamed each Tuesday eventing from March 16 to July 27, 2021, from 7:00 to 10:00 pm ET. Your program tuition includes 60 hours of instruction and all program materials. You may choose to attend the live classes and/or access recording anytime for one year.
Certificates of Completion are available to students who complete four online quizzes posted during the program.
Click here for the Body Systems Syllabus.
2021 Program Dates: Tuesday nights, 7:00 to 10:00 pm ET. March 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and July 6, 13, 20, 27, 2021.
Location: The Body Systems Series is an online course accessible on your computer, phone, or tablet. Registered students receive a link to our private online classroom portal where they can access live-streamed and/or recorded sessions and download all program materials.
Program Features Include:
- Individual classes: Immune, Endocrine, Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Nervous, Musculoskeletal, Urinary, Skin, and Male and Female Generative Systems.
- Special focus classes: Antiviral and Immune Modulating Protocols, Metabolic Syndrome, Reducing Inflammation, Protocols for Acute and Chronic Respiratory Conditions, Stress Management and Adaptogens, Pain Management, Womb Health, Wound Care, Research Skills for Herbalists.
- Weekly live-streamed classes with teachers available for questions and discussions.
- Access to class recordings and program material downloads for one year.
- Membership in a private online student discussion group monitored by Patricia.
- Optional attendance at monthly “Office Hours” with Patricia for questions and informal discussions.
- Opportunity to earn a ‘Certificate of Completion’ for 60 hours of botanical medicine study.
Tuition: $900.* Pay in full or take advantage of our monthly payment plan option: Pay $100 deposit when you register and $200 per month, March to July.
*Please note the required textbook needed for reading assignments below.
Curriculum: The Body Systems Series includes 60 hours of lectures. See the Program Syllabus for details. Program materials are provided as digital files. You should have access to a computer with a printer throughout the program to print program materials.
*Additional Costs: Expect to spend about $179.00 for the required text book, “The Essential Guide to Western Botanical Medicine” by Christa Sinadinos. See details below to order.
Certification: A “Certificate of Completion” is available to students who attend all classes or watch all class recordings, take four online quizzes and make all tuition payments. The certificate acknowledges the successful completion of the Program. We do not confer any titles such as, “Certified,” “ Registered” or “Master Herbalist.”
The textbook required for this program is “The Essential Guide to Western Botanical Medicine” by Christa Sinadinos, $179.00. This 700+ page book has just been published and is available for purchase directly from the author. Send an email to Christa for payment and shipping information.
Series Teachers See teacher bios here.
Patricia Kyritsi Howell, RH(AHG), Mimi Hernandez, MS, RH(AHG), Lorna Mauney-Brodek, Zaire Sabb, and Jen Stovall