These books are required to complete monthly reading assignments and as essential references for the Foundations of Herbalism Program.
You will need Medical Herbalism and The Modern Herb Dispensary to complete assignments after the first weekend of the program and Newcomb’s Wildflower Guide and Medicinal Plants of the Southern Appalachians after the April class weekend. All other books should be on hand after the May class.
- Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina and Stress Relief by David Winston and Steven Maimes. $18.95.
- Herbal Therapy and Supplements: A Scientific and Traditional Approach (2nd Edition) by Merrily A. Kuhn and David Winston. $42.95.
- Medical Herbalism: The Science, Principles and Practice of Modern Herbalism by David Hoffmann. $60.00. Note: This book is available new from edwardrhamilton.com for $47.95.
- Medicinal Plants of the Southern Appalachians by Patricia Kyritsi Howell. $15.00 if you buy it from us. Contact us to pre-order a copy of Patricia’s book to pick up at class, or order from the BotanoLogos website.
- The Modern Herbal Dispensatory: A Medicine Making Guide, by Thomas Easley and Steven Horne, $24.95
- Newcomb’s Wildflower Guide by Lawrence Newcomb. $14.95.
Most of these books have been in print for a while and with a little searching can probably be found on some of the many used books sites. We’ve had good luck with the sites listed below.
and of course, Amazon….