Classes are held weekly on Tuesday evenings, 7:00 to 10:00 pm ET, from March 16 until July 27, 2021. All classes are available live-streamed or as recordings that you may access for up to one year.
The Body Systems Series
This series presents an overview of common patterns of imbalance (pathophysiology) for each body system, followed by a discussion of system-specific herbs, dietary, and lifestyle recommendations.
We’ll also explore some common conditions you’ll encounter in clinical practice – metabolic syndrome, stress-induced endocrine disorders, chronic pain, acute protocols for colds and flu, wound care, etc. – with detailed guidelines for recognizing and addressing each.
Together, the teachers for the series – Patricia Kyritsi Howell, Mimi Hernandez, Lorna Mauney-Brodek, Zaire Sabb, Jen Stovall – bring years of wisdom gained through their individual clinical experiences. View teacher bios.
- Introduction to Body System Approach in Herbal Practice – Patricia K. Howell
- Immune System – Mimi Hernandez
- Antiviral and Immune Modulating Herbs – Patricia K. Howell
- Endocrine System – Mimi Hernandez
- Metabolic Syndrome – Mimi Hernandez
- Respiratory System – Patricia K. Howell
- Protocols for Acute and Chronic Respiratory Conditions – Patricia K. Howell
- Nervous System – Mimi Hernandez
- Using Adaptogens and Other Herbs for Stress Management – Patricia K. Howell
- Cardiovascular System – Mimi Hernandez
- Inflammation: Anti-inflammatory Herbs and Foods – Mimi Hernandez
- Musculoskeletal System – Patricia K. Howell
- Herbs for Pain Management – Patricia K. Howell
- Skin Health and Wound Care – Lorna Mauney-Brodek
- Urinary System – Jen Stovall
- Male Generative System – Jen Stovall
- Female Generative System – Patricia K. Howell
- Womb Health – Zaire Sabb
- Research Skills for Herbalists – Mimi Hernandez
- Series Review – Patricia K. Howell & Mimi Hernandez